Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Burian Paleo-Art Prints

So as some of you may know, I work at the University of Alaska Museum of the North, in the Earth Science Department as a Paleontological Artist and Databaser, drawing dinosaur fossils, surrounded by Pleistocene mammal and dinosaur bones :D


When we were cleaning out the lab late last year, I found a battered folder sitting in the back of one of the top-most cabinet spaces, and it turned out to contain a collection of Zdeněk Burian's lithograph prints. 
They appear to have been in book form at one stage but are now loose leaves of paper, and sadly I do not have all 60 plates.


This artwork is so beautiful, and I remember a great quote somewhere saying that great artwork can never truly be owned, but instead be shared and enjoyed...
So I hope you find these artworks as inspirational as I have- keep in mind, the text might not necessarily match up with the pictures- as I mentioned above, there are multiple plates missing. 
(this being said, I did sort them in numerical order)


Enjoy!













































No comments:

Post a Comment